Tuesday, June 1, 2010

hallelujah, every breath is a second chance

Alright God,

So here's what I need. I need a big week to encourage me in fundraising. I need a big week to remind me why I was so confident you were calling me to IV staff. I need to be reminded that You are at work far more than I am, and that this whole thing is about Your mission, Your plan, and Your love for me. That it's not about me.

And by "big week" I don't mean I want a week where you bring in hundreds of dollars (though that would be AWESOME). I mean I need a big helping of your strength. I can't do fundraising on my own anymore. I need your voice, your encouragement. I need you to help me make calls and deal with both rejection and acceptance. I need your presence.

Amen.

hallelujah, i'm caving in
hallelujah, i'm in love again
hallelujah, i'm a wretched man
hallelujah, every breath is a second chance

No comments:

Post a Comment